Wednesday 9 February 2022

Definition of the phrase “your clock is ahead”

My Geek Score: The definition of the phrase “your clock is ahead” is that you know exactly what time it is. It does not mean that your clock is running ahead, but that you have an accurate idea of what time it will be when you get there.

Google Chrome reports a “your clock is ahead” error whenever a website or application puts your clock into a different time zone than where you intend to go.
This error happens because Google Chrome doesn’t recognize the natural progressions of time zones in different geographical locations. For example, if you are in Brisbane, Australia, and go to New Zealand, your computer may report "Your clock is ahead" Error when it should say “Date/Time Icons are missing on this page” Error or a similar message.
It’s not necessarily a problem for every website or application that does this kind of thing; most websites have a way to switch between different time zones so that users can quickly put their clock back where they want it.
Google Chrome has a feature called Time Zone Conversion Kit (TCK) which allows you to change the location of your Time Zone from any other location and applies this change immediately; however, it can take up to 30 minutes for the change to take effect, sometimes even longer.
Here are some examples:
Chrome displays "your clock is ahead" errors when changing times from New York City (New York) to Tokyo (Japan). If I am on an airplane and want to use "My Clock" as my flight number instead of "Flight Time", then I am forced to switch my flight number using my stopover point using 'Flight Time' instead of 'My Clock'.
Chrome displays "your clock is ahead" errors when changing times from Hong Kong (HKG) to Palo Alto (USA). If I'm traveling by car and want to use 'my Clock' as my license plate number instead of 'Date/Time Indicator', then Hong Kong should not be the stopover point anymore since I want 'my Clock' as my license plate number rather than 'Date/Time Indicator'.
Chrome displays "your clock is ahead" errors when changing times from Melbourne (Australia) to Whenuapai (New Zealand). If I am going on a plane and want to use 'My Clock' as my flight number instead of 'Flight Time'.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Error: Your Clock Is Ahead Google Chrome

Google Chrome is the most popular browser in the world, and many users use it for both work and play. However, there are some users who have...